Custom Search

Monday, March 19, 2007

Remodel and a Vacation

It has been a little while since I posted last. The wife and I are working on a little remodel for our living room. It is nice to have something to take your mind off the baby stuff for a while. My wife has been dying to paint an accent wall in our living room. I on the other hand have been trying to talk her into just leaving it the way it is...mostly because I don't want to do the work. Needless to say, the hormones kicked in and my wife won. So we bought some paint and painted the wall. Now this is where we should have stopped, but because we were in work mode we thought, "hey, while we're at it, why don't we strip the white paint off the brick fireplace." BIG MISTAKE! I don't understand why people paint brick in the first place, but here is a little advice: once it is painted, leave it that way. So now our quick little paint job and remodel has turned into a big long process and we are thinking about tearing the brick fireplace down and having a stone-work fireplace done. We have also decided that since we aren't "with child" yet, we might as well take a vacation. We booked a trip to Los Angeles and San Diego next month. It is great to have that to look forward to.

Sorry again that I didn't post for so long. I will be better about it, I promise!