Custom Search

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Babies and Sleep

The baby is starting to sleep much better at night, which means the wifey and I are sleeping much better as well and it's AWESOME! Having a child is the best thing in the world, but up until this month I really felt like my days and nights were all a blur. I have really tried to do my part in the feeding schedule. In the first month I would wake up with my wife each feeding to help out and keep her company. The second month we would alternate each feeding, so I would give him a bottle and she would sleep and then the next feeding she would breastfeed and I would sleep. Now, he is getting up once in the middle of the night and my wife feeds him and then he usually sleeps until 6 AM or so and then I get up and feed him. I have never been much of a morning person and I am still adjusting to the 6 AM thing. Most mornings I stumble in when I hear him wake up and I am still half asleep, then I look down at him and he gives me a huge smile and while I think it is sooo cute I also wonder to myself, "How can someone be so happy at 6 AM?" I will have to remember this for sure, because I know when he grows up and becomes a teenager and I am yelling at him to get up for school and he is complaining that it is too early, I will tell him there used to be a time when he would wake up smiling and bright eyed at 6 AM and I will ask him why he can't just do that like he used to. So until then, I will cherish the morning smiles and I myself will try to be a bit happier at 6 AM too!!