Custom Search

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Enjoy it while you can...hah, yeah right.

This scenario happens to me more than once every day. I am chatting with someone that has kids and I am telling them that my wife and I are trying for a baby. After hearing this they say to me, "Are you sure you are ready for a baby? It is such a life changing thing, you guys should really enjoy the time without kids while you can!" Then after that statement comes the good ol', "Don't get me wrong, kids are great and all, I am just saying enjoy it while you can." What the hell is up with that? First off, if I tell you that we are trying for a baby then obviously we have thought about what having a baby will do to our lives, and after thinking about this we have made the decision to actively try for one. Second, do these people really think kids are great and all, or are they just saying it to avoid me from going around and telling people that they hate their kids. I guess what I am trying to say is, it is not very easy to "enjoy it" when all you can think about is getting pregnant, your wife is on fertility pills that make her crazy, and everyone in the world is pregnant but you. There you have it, that's my gripe.