Custom Search

Monday, January 29, 2007

An Ovulation Test that Works



Finally, an ovulation test that works! I wish I could say it was a pregnancy test, but it's not, so don't get too excited. Earlier on I posted that we could never get a positive reading out of the other testers we had. I guess it just goes to show that you shouldn't take the cheap route and buy the 50 pack online for $15.99, instead you should fork out a little more cash for the good ones. That is, of course, if there is such thing as a good predictor. For all I know it could be like a placebo kind of a deal. Maybe they just give you instructions on when to start using the tests and in every box there are like two that give a positive reading no matter when you use it...hell, maybe I could even pee on one and it would read positive. Maybe I will set up a 1-800 number and I will predict when women will ovulate for a small fee of .99 cents a minute. I will simply ask what day of their cycle they are on and if it falls between days 13-18 I will tell them that they should try on that day because they are ovulating, and if they are on any other cycle day I will simply add up the days until it will be day 14 or so and shoot for that date. I think I am on to something here!! Anyways, we were excited to finally get a positive result, but the only real downside is that a positive result means that my wife should ovulate in the next 24-48 hours. It is like the weather man saying, "I predict there will be snow sometime in the next two to three days, so for those of you watching, it is up to you from this point. Good Luck!" The one thing we did discover is that if the test is true, then my wife ovulates later than we thought and so we probably have been trying to soon every month. So now we will wait and see.