Custom Search

Thursday, February 22, 2007

And then there was one

My wife has three good friends that she ran around with in high school. All of the girls are married now and we often get together with these couples for dinners, game nights, etc. Last month we found out that one of the girls was pregnant and this week we just found out that the other two girls are too. So now it is down to just my wife. In a perfect world it would only make sense that we would be the next to get pregnant...so lets just cross our fingers and hope that it is a perfect world, or at least a perfect month!

Going along with our "great" luck so far it just so happens that my wife ovulates over the weekend. So this means that the clinic is closed and we have to page the doctor and inconvenience him during his time off to come in and artificially inseminate my wife. This leads me to my next great idea, an at home artificial insemination kit. The doc said that it was a fairly easy and quick process, so if that is true why can't we just do it at home and save everyone the time and money?? The semen "washing process" sounds like they spin it to concentrate it...well everyone has access to a washing machine so we could put the sample in a sealed container and spin away. As far as the insemination goes, I have seen some pretty long turkey basters in my day! Problem solved!