Custom Search

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Gag Reflex

The latest and greatest of new side effects due to the Clomid my wife is taking is random gagging. What is random gagging, you might ask? Well, my wife and I will be sitting around and all of the sudden she might smell something, see something , or even think of something and just start to gag. Now, I hate to say that this is funny, but it is! She walks around looking like a cat about to cough up a hairball, while I just sit there laughing. Now she never gets to the point of barfing, thank goodness, or else I am sure I wouldn't be laughing. So far I have been unable to pinpoint any one thing that causes the gagging. It has, however, become a type of game for me to try and predict when it will happen. I will open the fridge and the smell of old leftovers will come out and I will think, "Ok, here it goes, here goes the gagging," but no, nothing. Then when I least expect it, like when we walk into a store that sells nice smelling scented soaps and lotions, she starts gagging. It is just so unpredictable.