Custom Search

Monday, November 20, 2006

"One Sterile Cup Please!"

The time has come for me to get tested...that's right, a semen analysis. My wife called me today and said she was going to the doctors office to pick up one of those sterile plastic cups to bring home. Since I was already on my way home, I decided that I would just go and pick it up. In the car on my way to the doctors office I was contemplating how I would ask for the cup. I thought to myself, "Um yes, I need one of those semen cups"...no that doesn't sound good, "Can I have one of those little cups you usually pee in"...nope, that won't work. It was about 3:30 and the office closed at 4:00 so I figured it would be pretty quiet. I opened the door and the eyes of about 15-20 women that were all sitting around the waiting room looked up at me. It was right about then that I realized it would have been much better for my wife to pick up the cup. I walked up to the counter and the eyes all followed me. "Can I get one sterile cup please?" The room was small enough for everyone to hear what was being said, so I was praying that the nurse wouldn't go into any detailed directions on what I needed to do. Luckily she just remained quiet and handed me the cup. I hurried out of the office, not making eye contact with anyone. I am hoping that I won't have to go through that again!